THIS IS E-NOTICE 2000-5 OF DECEMBER 8, 200
Happy holidays! Here are some items that might be of interest.
1. LAST CHANCE FOR CHARTER DONATIONS! There is still time to become a Charter Donor of the SHS Foundation, and have your name proudly listed, in perpetuity, among the list of Charter Donors to be engraved on a plaque to hang in the School lobby. Please consider joining your fellow alum listed below in this most noble cause. (Remember: No gift is too small.) A Donor Form is attached.
2. ALUMNI DIRECTORIES. Our Directory Coordinator, Leslie St.Clair Smith (70) reports that the Alumni Directory should be ready for duplication this weekend. The beautiful cover for the Directory, designed by Tom Shultz (71) and based on his lovely covers for the Y2K Reunion Program and the Photo Book, has already been duplicated. Expect to see your Directories very soon.
3. FOUNDATION BOARD MEETING OF 12/7/00. The Foundation Board had its second meeting yesterday. The meeting was extremely productive. Plans are underway to acquire computer equipment to outfit the Schools under-equipped computer lab and to acquire needed books for the library. The Board also placed notes in faculty mailboxes reminding them of the funds available under the Principals/Faculty/Staff Memory Fund. Long range plans discussed at the meeting included the 2001 Golf Outing, a possible 2001 fund raising concert and June 2001 scholarship grants by the Foundation.
4. 2001 GOLF OUTING. Jackie Toth Wolfe (76), Bill Thomas (77) and Evan Vutsinas (76) have agreed to co-Chair the 2001 Foundation Golf Outing. Those of us who participated in the 2000 Golf Outing know what a fabulous job Jackie, Bill, Evan and their helpers did with that event, so the 2001 event is sure to be even better. Please contact Bill at email@example.com if youd be willing to help out on this years event.
5. A MOUNTAIN GETAWAY. Laurie Rhatican (74) reports that she and her husband recently purchased a bed & breakfast and rental cabin in the northeast Georgia mountains. They have a web site that you can check out http://www.henson‑cove‑place.com. If youd like to stay at the B&B, and you mention that you are a Surrattsville graduate, Laurie and her husband will give you a 20% discount on your visit. What a nice deal! Good luck to Laurie and her husband on this fun new venture.
6. WEB SITE. Dont forget to check out the always improving Foundation web site, and its handsome photos, at www.surrattsville.org. Many thanks to Bill Thomas (77) for his great work as Foundation Webmaster!
All the best to you and yours! Henry Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Surrattsville High School Foundation, Inc. Charter Donors