THIS IS E-NOTICE 2001-2 OF FEBRUARY 5, 2001
Here are some items that might be of interest:
1. DIRECTORY UPDATES. Dont forget to send any updated Directory info, and your five or six line descriptive paragraph, to Leslie St. Clair (70), firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE be sure to include your graduation year or years on the faculty.
2. YEARBOOKS WANTED. In an awful stroke of bad luck, Debbie Adams Scott (85) had her car stolen the weekend of the Y2K Reunion. Debbie recovered her car, but not her six junior high and high school yearbooks that were in the car. Now those were some nasty thieves! Might anyone have a line on how Debbie might get a hold of a copy of any of those yearbooks, and especially her 85 graduation yearbook? If so, please send her an email at DScott@washgas.com.
3. CHARTER FOUNDATION DONORS. Thank you Charter Donors to the Foundation! The final list of Charter Donors, reflecting all checks received through 1/31/01, is reprinted below. If you are a Charter Donor, please take a careful look at your entry below and send me any corrections so the plaque for the School lobby will be accurate. Heartfelt thanks to each and every one of you for your generosity and for helping jump start this great cause!
4. BEQUESTS TO FOUNDATION. Two nice alum have asked about possible bequests to the Foundation. Naturally, the Foundation would be thrilled to be honored by being named as a beneficiary under an individuals Will. If youve made a bequest to the Foundation, please let us know, as we would like to acknowledge your very special gift.
5. DIRECTORY ERRATA. The following listing was inadvertently omitted from the Class of 72 section of the Alumni Directory.
Name Now: Ruth Ann Maitland
Also, the email address for Dan Bayne, Class of 71, should be corrected in the Directory to read email@example.com
Those of you with Directories are asked to make these corrections. (Please continue to send me any other Directory errors you note, and Ill publish them in future e-Notices.)
6. UPCOMING FOUNDATION ANNUAL REPORT. The next e-Notice will contain an informal, but detailed, report on the highly successful inaugural year of the Foundation. I hope youll review it and let us have any comments and suggestions.
7. WEB SITE NEWS. Don't forget to visit the new and improved Foundation web site at www.surrattsville.org. Thanks to Webmaster Bill Thomas (77), a new announcements section will soon be added that may be used to list announcements concerning alumni and their families. Please send to Bill, at firstname.lastname@example.org, any announcements, scanned photos, etc. that youd like to see posted on this new section. And please dont forget the Message Center section of the web site, which is a great way to communicate with others from the Surratts community.
8. UPCOMING DANCE FEATURING THE HUBCAPS! The Saint Mary's of Piscataway Home and School Association is sponsoring a winter dance featuring "The Fabulous Hubcaps". The dance will be held on Saturday, February 17, 2001, from 8:00 p.m. to midnight at the Accokeek Firehouse Banquet Hall. Ticket prices are $45.00 per couple, $25.00 singles. A table for 10 people is $225.00. The dance is BYOB, and setups will be provided. For ticket information please contact Phil ('72) or Sandi ('82) Miller at 301 297 5360 or SMMiller64@aol.com.
9. FUTURE EVENTS. Some Classes who are planning events well into the future asked me to publish the known dates of upcoming All Classes events, so here goes: 2001: 6/22/01 - tentative date for annual Golf Outing; 6/24/01 - All Classes Motorcycle and Car Ride to Colonial Beach, VA. 2002: 6/28/02 - tentative date for annual Golf Outing; 6/30/02 - All Classes Motorcycle and Car Ride to Sandy Point State Park (or a fun destination to be named later).
Thanks again for your interest and your support of the
work of the Foundation. I hope all is well with you and yours. All the best!
Henry Smith (71), email@example.com
The Surrattsville High School Foundation, Inc. Final List of Charter Donors